Engineering Manager, Living Room Experience Team
- Crunchyroll VIP
- Вид занятости:
- Опыт работы от 1 года
Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Crunchyroll (previously branded as Ellation) is a transformative entertainment company with a devoted technology team and a knack for cutting-edge technologies. Awarded Moldova’s Top Employer of the Year in 2019, the team collaborates with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
About the Team
In LRX Department (Living Room Experience), we develop apps for the devices that can be found in a Living Room: Xbox, PlayStation, Android TV/Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, etc. We use a special cross-platform framework to deliver from a single codebase to all platforms. Because the room is filled with consoles, inevitably we’re having fun in the process of doing what we love - programming!
We are looking for an ambitious Engineering Manager for the LRX team with strong technical and soft skills. You will be responsible for building high-quality LRX applications, maintaining team morale and supporting career development for team members. You will be coordinating with the rest of the organization to ensure key business needs are addressed. You’ll manage a team of talented LRX engineers who work closely with several PMs, Design, QA and QE teams. This role also requires occasional travel.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in software development developing and deploying high-quality client applications
- Experience managing/leading a team of engineers
- Experience with JS/TypeScript
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with REST API
- Excellent knowledge of Git
- High attention to details, product and design quality
- Advocate for coding best practices, clean and testable code
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Experience with Continuous Integration services (Jenkins)
- Proven experience as a leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Ability to influence others with your ideas, contribute to company-wide best practices and initiatives
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with 10-foot UI
- Familiarity with AWS technologies
- Experience in open source projects
- Experience in multiple software languages/technologies
A day in the life of our Engineering Manager:
- Lead by example, hands-on Engineering Management
- Provide technical vision for LRX applications
- Be professional and encourage professionalism in teams
- Be a champion for high-quality code and reduce tech debt in negotiation with the product
- Strategic planning with product ensuring key business needs are addressed
- Oversee engineering responsibilities around product development from conception to completion
- Support development scrum process and team building exercises
- Demonstrate consideration of project risks, cross-team impact against services and features to be developed
- Consistently evaluate processes for efficiency and refine them
- Take an active part in the hiring process
- Conduct 1:1s with team members
- Write technical blog posts, participate in open-source publishing of projects
- Travel occasionally to San Francisco to coordinate with product and service team stakeholders
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, consumer product, and video game rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Anime Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Chisinau, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You've got so far! Let's meet and discuss this opportunity. Please apply here!