Frontend developer - 100% Remote
- Empresa En Estonia OÜ VIP
- Кишинёв, Бельцы, Бендеры, Гагаузия, Приднестровье, Анений-Ной, Бессарабка, Бричаны, Кагул, Кантемир, Кэлэраши, Каушаны, Чимишлия, Криуляны, Дондюшаны, Дрокия, Дубоссары, Единец, Фалешты, Флорешты, Глодяны, Хынчешты, Яловены, Леова, Ниспорены, Окница, Орхей, Резина, Рышканы, Сынжерей, Сороки, Страшены, Шолданешты, Штефан-Водэ, Тараклия, Теленешты, Унгень, Румыния, Бухарест, Яссы, Вулканешты, Комрат, Suceava, Odessa, Kiev, Cluj-Napoca, Roeselare, Gent, Antwerpen, Bruxelles, Магдачешты, Чадыр-Лунга, Отачь
- Вид занятости:
- Опыт работы от 2 лет
We are looking for a full-time front-end developer!
If you’re proactive (you go after Trello tickets on your own), curious (you seek out challenges), and you want to work in a flat organization, where individual responsibility and ideas are more important than hierarchies and positions.
Our stack is JS/Node/Express/MongoDB for the backend and Pure HTML/(s)CSS/JS/jQuery for the frontend clients. As a frontend developer, we need you to be proficient in the latter. We believe that someone who has good analytical skills, design sensibilities, and is excited to grow through practice is a recipe for success.
Us, in a nutshell:
We’re one of the largest service-providers for the Estonian e-Residency program: we empower entrepreneurs to drive their business and vocations, irrespective of where they live. But our ambition is even bigger. We envision ourselves as an AI/ML leader, an industry household name (with a horn on our forehead).
Working here is a bit like the Goldilocks Zone...
We embrace the start-up culture. It’s fast-paced, you’ll tackle tech challenges and we live our core value: freedom -- to pursue your goals, unencumbered by a national border or bureaucracy. But, we are also established. The company’s lean and profitable -- with a working product that’s a reference for others. So, you’ll contribute at a critical stage for our success, certain that it’s a secure investment.
What you will do:
- Take care of the development of our web frontend clients (customers, admin, and affiliates)
- Propose new features, visual features and design elements
- Make the designs come alive in a real production environment
- Fix bugs and improve the usability and user experience of our dashboards
- Have full responsibility (and accountability) of the features you build and ship
- Be a trusted key figure -- solve problems in your own way, manage time as a resource
- Learn from and work with a diverse team, each integral for growing our product
A great fit looks like...
- 2+ years of experience in frontend development
… you’re confident working with the technologies we use.
- Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent
… we’re not diploma-seekers, but do need know-how beyond a boot camp
- Knowledge and experience with Web tech, JS, jQuery, (s)CSS, HTML
… our infrastructure’s languages, so you gotta know ‘em
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful APIs and Ajax calls
- Knowledge and experience in AI and ML greatly appreciated
- Strong command of software engineering principles, design, and process
… we build sustainable code: spaghetti’s for the kitchen
- Knowledge and experience with Git (versioning system)
… we play nicely -- at the same time
- Being comfortable communicating in English
Benefits in the position:
- €1200 initial monthly net salary. Annual revisions.
- 100% remote: work close to whatever is important to you
- Flexible working hours: adapt your work to how you best shine
- Practical know-how & active mentorship from our founder, a seasoned pro in the startup field
- Truly flat hierarchy structure, where every opinion is actively sought and valued
- Family-oriented company, with progressive values at its core
- Non-stressful environment with unquestionable respect for every colleague
- 22 days of vacation
Send us your CV to email@example.com and share why you feel we’re a good fit for you (no need for cover letters) and what you’d bring to our team. Also, please answer the following questions:
Why did you choose us? Please, be upfront (if it’s a steady income, great! If there is anything else that caught your attention, we’d be happy to know.)
If forced to choose...
(Don’t worry, there are no right answers to these questions. It’s when forced to choose between two evils that we really show how we deal with difficult situations).
- I would code every feature the fast and dirty way, and then consider how to make it elegant later / I would apply every design pattern in the book until it is perfect, even if it takes much much longer than needed.
- I only work with modern frameworks, they are there to make our life easier, so why bother to learn JS? The framework does 99% of the work for me / I prefer to write everything from scratch myself, even if there are things that work out there, I don’t trust anyone else’s code, jQuery is for losers, hardcore developers use vanilla JS.
- Theory is everything / Theory is irrelevant if there’s experience
- Code is poetry… and it’s always obvious. Comments should only be added where strictly necessary / Everything should be commented, even the tiniest function adding A + B together.