Deputy Project Director EU4Moldova Startup City Cahul
- Tekwill VIP
- Tipul locului de muncă:
- Experiența de muncă de la 5 ani
Descrierea poziției vacante
EU4Moldova Startup City Cahul
Reference Agreement number: 13797
Deputy Project Director
The Government of Sweden has entered into a delegated agreement with the European Delegation in June 2020 for the implementation of Startup City Cahul Project aiming to develop a regional ICT Innovation centre for the Cahul region.
The National Association of ICT Companies has entered into an agreement with Sweden on September 15, 2020 for the implementation of the project.
The project is in line with the Annual Action Programme 2019 in favour of the Republic of Moldova and its Action entitled ‘EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul’, based on the Commission Decision ENI/2019/042-243.
The overall objective of the Action is to harness and strengthen the potential of the digital economy and enhance regional competitiveness, its business and its investment environment.
The specific objectives are:
- Foster partnerships for innovation and entrepreneurship between the private sector, public sector and educational institutions in the region of Cahul.
- Promote technology, problem solving and creative solutions in learning and make STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) more attractive for women and men, girls and boys.
- Facilitate the emergence of start-ups in innovative sectors, build their capacity and investment readiness.
The Action is aligned to the Eastern Partnership priorities, the revised Association Agenda and the objectives of the 2017-2020 Single Support Framework (SSF) for Moldova and Chapter 18 of the European Union – Moldova Association Agreement. It will also support the implementation of the Eastern Partnership's ‘20 Deliverables for 2020’, as they relate to economic development. The proposed activities will support the implementation of the priorities identified in the European Joint Development Cooperation Strategy (Joint Programming Document) and the National Strategy for enhancing IT industry competitiveness ‘Digital Moldova 2020’.
Under the programmatic approach, the Action will contribute to the regional development of Cahul, in agreement with the Government of Moldova’s strategies for regional growth and well-being. The initiative will involve the major regional stakeholders and a general memorandum of understanding will be negotiated to seek commitment of the governmental authorities.
Job Title: Deputy Project Director
The Deputy Project Director for Startup City Cahul provides leadership to the to the implementation team, donors and project technical team, strategic guidance and technical oversight to project activities and reporting and is responsible for achieving cost effective, timely, and contractually compliant project results according to the priorities and actions defined by the partners.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee projects’ activities in relation to daily operations, program activities.
- Participate in the selection and supervision of the local team as well as Lead and direct technical and administrative project team.
- Develop annual implementation plans in compliance with the Project’s Scope of Work and with the consensus will of the Project Director, Sweden and EU.
- Execute and monitor project activities.
- Manage changes to scope, cost and schedule of project work.
- Coordinate priorities and resources between multiple activities.
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports.
- Provide updates on customer and project related issues participating in scheduled operational meetings as in routine with team leads and employees.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings of personnel related to project.
- Facilitate sessions to effectively resolve issues if any.
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure projects are completed within given time and budget.
- Report status, develop project-related documentation and implement lessons learned.
- Participate in project performance review meetings and discussions.
- Update and maintain production and quality metrics of projects.
- Coordinate with the Project Director and other key personnel the procurement plans, activity schedules, communication actions, as well as coordinate the work of the Steering Committee and Advisory Board of the Project.
- Report on entrepreneurship development activities in accordance with the formal reporting requirements of the Project.
- Supervise an area (education or entrepreneurship) of activities based on best suited candidate profile.
- Establish partnerships with similar projects.
- Provide technical support, mentoring, or training to program staff when knowledge gaps or opportunities for increased effectiveness are identified.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure that program meets financial targets and makes accurate projections.
- Work closely with the Project Director to collaborate with and report to Sweden
- Lead efforts to mentor and build the capacity of staff members through trainings, peer exchanges and communities of practice.
- Coordinate with country-based programs to ensure that workplan is being followed.
- In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation staff, facilitate data collection and knowledge management from all country-based programs.
- As required, serve as Acting Project Director.
The Deputy Project Director will report directly to the Project Director.
Education and Experience: BA in Education related fields, IT, Development or Management. Minimum five years of similar relevant experience. Proven expertise in previous similar activities.
Language skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian/English is required.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Outlook (Excel, Word and Outlook).
Other: Open minded, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to speak in public, open to travel often to Cahul region due to the specifics of the project.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language by October 15, 2020, 16:00 to [Trimite CV]. No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The subject of the e-mail will include the following information:
Name/Surname, Deputy Project Director| Startup City Cahul
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview