Program Officer, Moldova
- Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE)
- Tipul locului de muncă:
- Experiența de muncă de la 5 ani
- superioare în desfășurare
Descrierea poziției vacante
Please apply directly at this link: https://cipe.applytojob.com/apply/WoigKzAD9b/Program-Officer-Moldova
Only applications in English will be considered
Program Officer, Moldova
Start date: August 15, 2020 (TBC)
Program period: 18 months
Women and Girls Empowered (WAGE) is a global programming consortium advancing the status of women and girls worldwide, led by the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative in close partnership with the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) and international, regional, local, and corporate resource partners. The WAGE “Women Empowered-Realizing Inclusive & Sustainable Economies” (WE RISE) initiative’s “Reducing Barriers to Women’s Economic Empowerment in Moldova” project will build and support an alliance of women’s organizations to improve the enabling environment for Moldovan women engaged in economic activity.
CIPE, as lead implementor of the program, is responsible for the management, strategy, and technical oversight of the program. Key activities led by CIPE include: (1) strengthening the capacities of women’s business associations (WBAs) and civil society organizations (WCSOs) through organizational development trainings, one-on-one mentorships, and small grants; (2) coalition building and development of a women’s empowerment alliance; and (3) support for research and advocacy to reduce barriers to women’s economic empowerment in Moldova.
Scope: CIPE is seeking a full-time Program Officer (PO) to be based in Chisinau, Moldova. This position will act as the lead point of contact for CIPE activities under the “Reducing Barriers to Women’s Economic Empowerment in Moldova” project. The Moldova PO will be responsible for coordinating and co-facilitating project events and trainings; leading communication with partners, grantees, and the Women’s Economic Empowerment Alliance upon its launch; compiling narrative reports; and supporting monitoring, data collection, and evaluation, including do no harm and safeguarding activities. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple detail-oriented tasks and lead program activities, have excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and work well with a team.
Reports to: Program Officer, Europe and Eurasia
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage CIPE project implementation in Moldova, including coordination and communication with the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative, Moldovan partners, contractors, business associations, civil society organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Organize and co-facilitate virtual and in-person training sessions on organizational development for business associations and civil society organizations and on selected women’s economic empowerment topics.
- Assist in the set-up and convening of a summit on women’s collective action, including selection of participants and logistical arrangements.
- Collaborate with the CIPE Evaluation team and Center for Women’s Economic Empowerment at CIPE to design and evaluate training content, assessments, and safeguarding and gender monitoring measures.
- Provide logistical and programmatic support to the development of women’s collective action and advocacy efforts, and to the launch of an empowerment alliance.
- Compile narrative reports and monitoring and evaluation data in accordance with project and donor requirements.
- Represent CIPE at public events and in meetings with public and private sector stakeholders, as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication and provide weekly programmatic reports to HQ-based staff.
- 5+ years professional experience with a proven track record in public-private dialogue, civil society development, and women’s economic empowerment required.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in one of the following fields preferred: business, women/gender studies, social science, public policy, or related fields.
- Knowledge of business associations and civil society organizations, including their structure and organizational development.
- Familiarity with women’s organizations in Moldova and understanding of contextual barriers to women’s economic empowerment.
- Familiarity with “do no harm” and safeguarding best practices preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to manage multiple time-sensitive, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Experience in or knowledge of monitoring and evaluation best practices or willingness to learn.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel and Outlook (as well as Teams and SharePoint preferred).
- Excellent written and spoken English and Romanian.