Startup Moldova Technology Transfer Officer
- Tekwill VIP
- Tipul locului de muncă:
Descrierea poziției vacante
About Tekwill Extension Project:
Tekwill has been designed as a national public-private partnership between the Government of Moldova, USAID, Microsoft, and IBM to answer the needs of the ICT industry to close the gap of the human capital shortage, as well as support the development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem. The initial goal of the projects to contribute to the extension of the Tekwill project as a sustainable network and deploy its programs on a regional/national level. The project aims at determining the operation mode of the network, determining business plans for the relevant created centers or partners in the regions, deploy scalable activities to connect an estimated of 150,000 people to ICT (school and university students, community, etc.), deploy entrepreneurship programs aiming at both scaling up existing programs, as well as create inclusive innovation platforms for the regions with their respective specifics and potential to absorb/apply ICT. We envision a minimum 10,000 beneficiaries/year for each direction (education and entrepreneurship) As a result of the project, 2 main outcomes of the project are expected: more and better-qualified skills and the workforce developed leading to a stronger ICT industry in Moldova, as well as creating the premises for a Startup Moldova program driving opportunities for companies seeking capitalization.
The first phase of the project represented a USAID grant for Development matched by both cash and in-kind contributions of private and government partners that brought significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies, and development activities, such as training, practical assignments, and mentorship. Private partners included multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, but also Information Technology and Communications Association (ATIC) members that are local Information and Communications Technology (ICT) companies, while among government partners Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, Ministry of Education, Culture and Research, e-Government Center and Technical University have provided their support. The Technical University of Moldova is hosting the first Center on its premises and has jointly invested resources for initial investment and maintenance costs during the startup phase.
On September 19, 2017 USAID/Moldova has entered a partnership with the Government of Sweden to join forces in the establishment and creation of the ICT Excellence Center (Tekwill). It included an arrangement that governs the relationship between the Parties regarding the financing, implementation, and reporting of the activity.
Tekwill has been opened on March 15, 2017. During the 3 years of the project, Tekwill has completed or supported 188 educational initiatives, and 301 entrepreneurship initiatives, transforming Tekwill into one of the most successful initiatives in tech in Moldova. It has helped over 350 teams to reach better business, create opportunities, and seek investment. Altogether it trained and oriented over 35,000 people.
Startup Moldova ensures infrastructure and programs that are in place to support digitalization and startup mindset to create a high standard of living for all.
- offer an insight into the startup ecosystem of Moldova
- provide startups with funding opportunities
- offer support, legal and fiscal information to startups and investors
- give useful resources
- link Moldova’s Startup Ecosystem with global opportunities (startup competitions, accelerators, funding organizations, etc.)
The Technology Transfer Officer supports the activities of the UPGRADE and IMPACT Program within Startup Moldova, in specific relating to Technology adoption in traditional sectors work plan, identifying and implementing digitalization in non-IT sectors, partnering with IT experts, serving as a liaison between tech and non-tech companies while matching their needs and opportunities.
The post holder works with colleagues in sectorial industries and technical roles at senior levels and has significant exposure to external organizations in key transactions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines develop and communicate a strategy for assuring insights from non-IT and IT sectors in the work plan are transferred to IT experts and industries to deliver the right approach and solutions match, including, but not limited to digitization, automation, introducing IT throughout the chain of various business processes.
- Establishes business models, as appropriate, for managing the exploitation of results to increase non-IT sector value and ensure growth via IT and digital tools.
- Lead the communication between various parties (non-IT and IT) projects to and undertake specific transfer activity as appropriate to the selected projects. This might include participating in productions that use the technology, ensuring building case for adoption of technology with colleagues’ IT and industries experts
- Communicates complex concepts and influences diverse groups of stakeholders (sometimes with divergent views) across and outside the Program to create an environment that is receptive to transfer and enables the transfer of specific technologies
- Captures and monitors the impact research insights have on Project representatives and industry, providing inputs to reports that enable with Startup Moldova team to represent its impact on government and other stakeholders
- Assist with the market and business analysis in support of the implemented projects
Specific Roles, Responsibilities, and Functions
- Oversee proposals related to connecting IT with non-IT activities and ideas coming from the IT and non-IT community and private sector.
- Assist Startup Moldova programs with expertise and connection between different actors and stakeholders in the field.
- Provide leadership and guidance in best-suited models across industry collaboration
- Develop MoUs/Partnerships related to strategic industry partnerships
- Maintain a constant dialogue with main stakeholders on the market, define new partnerships
- Report regularly to the Senior Project Coordinator, respectively if required to USAID/Sweden, where appropriate, regarding decisions to be made, activities are undertaken, and progress.
Knowledge, skills, training, and experience
- Broad understanding of technologies (including emerging technologies) and awareness of the intellectual property and licensing issues
- A good understanding of the Startup mindset, strong existing networks throughout the Startup Ecosystem
- Strong strategic, financial, and commercial know-how
- Superior problem-solving skills addressing multi-part problems with high levels of uncertainty
- Track-record in delivering complex multi-faceted projects that combine objectives in technology development, influencing people and commercial outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with different kinds of communities with different norms and communication styles
- Comfort with communicating with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience in delivering work through people do not line managed
- Ability to define and implement business processes and tools within an organization
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV to the email: email@example.com, CC firstname.lastname@example.org up to May 20, 2020
Please, indicate - Startup Moldova Technology Transfer Officer, in the subject line.