Senior Product Designer
- Crunchyroll VIP
- Tipul locului de muncă:
- Experiența de muncă de la 5 ani
Descrierea poziției vacante
Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
Crunchyroll (previously branded as Ellation) is a transformative entertainment company with a devoted technology team and a knack for cutting-edge technologies. Awarded Moldova’s Top Employer of the Year in 2019, the team collaborates with our colleagues across offices to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
About The Team:
The Product Design department is a distributed team responsible for the design of the Crunchyroll and VRV services on desktop, tablet, mobile, and TV devices. Our goal is a consistent and flawless user experience across all these platforms.
As a complement to business, product, and engineering, we collaborate with teams across the organization to identify the right problems to tackle and ensure that our solutions satisfy the goals of both the business and the end-user. We are an international team with designers in both San Francisco and Moldova.
About The Role:
As a Product Designer at Crunchyroll, you will be working with the Product Team, UX Research, and other Product Designers to build products that amaze and delight our users. Your designs should show a deep understanding of the industry, our competitors, and most importantly empathy for our users. You will think through complex problems and use your design expertise to provide solutions that provide our users with an outstanding user experience that is both beautiful and functional.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design/graphic design/new media or equivalent experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing design work that has shipped as well as your design process
- 5-8+ years of professional design experience
- A user-centred approach to designing software and services for people
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems, guidelines, and other best practices
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Jira and Confluence
- Understanding and up to date experience with web application technologies, including responsive web, native iOS/Android app design, and Living Room Devices
- Skilled in design programs like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to set and balance priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Will be responsible for, with other design team members, explaining their thinking for the designs they build. Will also be responsible for communicating these ideas outward across the organization and to upper-level management
- Excellent storytelling skills to present and communicate your work
- You have an interest in anime, pop culture, animation, video games, tech and geekdom
- You have knowledge of the online video streaming space
A Day In The Life Of Our Sr. Product Designer:
- Empathize with our user’s needs and work with product to define, design, and implement product-effective solutions
- Work with our UX Research Team and Interaction Designers on prototypes, test both new and existing product features
- Work with Interaction Designers to communicate micro-interactions within your designs to your product team (Engineers, Product Owners, etc). Sometimes may be required to produce your own animations as examples
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined, high impact, and successfully executed
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product ecosystem and across various platforms
- Help mentor other designers and improve their skills and product design thinking
- Own the product design and vision on multiple features from end to end. Work with your team to improve and iterate on designs and make sure that the final design is well-executed, and a positive user experience
- Lead large scale features that require complex interactions and the creation of new design system elements
- Stay Healthy - Private health, dental and vision insurance, including full insurance package for kids;
- Take Time for You - Accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule;
- Refuel - Catered meals, snacks & beverages;*
- Find Balance - On-site gym*, yoga & wellness classes, Employee Assistance Program;
- Work hard, watch hard - Free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Media Screeners;
- Level Up - Prepaid Udemy and LinkedIn Learning accounts, English and Romanian classes, professional development courses & conferences;
- Press Play - Game nights, anime nights, online team buildings & celebrations;
- That's not all - Referral bonus, Spot bonus, Employee morale budget, Utilities compensation, Crunchyroll Store discount, & other.
*Due to changes in the workplace, benefits that are tied to the office are temporarily not available
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact email@example.com before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, consumer product, and video game rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Anime Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Chisinau, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You've got so far! Let's meet and discuss this opportunity. Please apply here!