Country Manager @ Hospices of Hope Moldova
- Hospices of Hope Moldova
- Tipul locului de muncă:
Descrierea poziției vacante
Job Title: Hospices of Hope Country Manager (Moldova)
Location: Based in Chisinau
Responsible to: Executive Director Hospices of Hope/Regional Development Director
Accountable to: Chair of Trustees
1.Role purpose (summary)
The country manager (Moldova):
- Takes responsibility for assisting the Regional Development Director in initiating and developing palliative care services and education in the Republic of Moldova to meet the needs of terminally ill patients and their families, within the authority delegated by the Executive Director/Hospices of Hope Board
- Deals at a national level with government ministers, authorities and other agencies in pursuit of the above aim
- Manages, inspires and envisions the Hospices of Hope Moldova team
- Works closely with the managers of the grantee organisations to ensure that any services supported by grants made by Hospices of Hope are well run and that there is adequate accountability and transparency in all dealings with these organisations
- Takes responsibility, in liaison with the Regional Development Director, for securing the necessary funds to sustain the services currently supported by Hospices of Hope Moldova
- Develops strategy proposals in cooperation with the Regional Development Director and ensures that agreed strategies are implemented and that strategic goals are achieved
- Takes responsibility for administration of grants provided by Hospices of Hope and reporting to Hospices of Hope
- Works closely with the Finance officer to ensure complete transparency and accuracy in all financial areas of the operation
Hospices of Hope is an international charity and network, founded in 1992, that has been responsible for leading the development of hospice (palliative care) services and education in South East Europe. It continues to provide advocacy, technical expertise, training and funding in order to fulfil its mission to enable all those who need this type of care in the region to receive it.
The charity is registered in England and Scotland and has a sister organisation in the United States (New York) and branches in Republic of Moldova and Albania. It currently has country partners in Romania (Hospice Casa Sperantei, Emanuel Hospice) and Serbia (BELhospice), which are independent legal entities, registered within their respective countries and part of the Hospices of Hope Network.
The head office of the charity is in Otford, near Sevenoaks, Kent, UK, and there is a branch office in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is governed by a Board of Trustees.
Hospices of Hope Moldova has an office in Chisinau and supports palliative care in Moldova through grants to organisations providing palliative care in Ocnita, Soroca, Orhei, Taraclia and Cahul.
(n.b. The Regional Development Director is overall responsible for development of palliative care in the region, which includes Moldova)
- To assist the Regional Development Director in forming the strategy for developing palliative care services in the Republic of Moldova in order to increase access for patients and families to high quality, holistic care at the end of life.
- To assist the Regional Development Director in identifying medical teams/personnel in Moldova that can help achieve this goal
- To work with government, authorities and other local agencies to improve funding for palliative care
- To provide vision, inspiration and leadership to the Hospices of Hope Moldova team, particularly the fundraising and financial staff
- To recruit and train members of staff as necessary and encourage the use of volunteers
- To mentor non-medical members of staff to increase efficiency and knowledge with a view to increasing the chances of self-sustainability
- To ensure good communication within the team
- To manage the relationship with grantees (the heads of the supported organisations) and ensure that they uphold the standards and recommendations laid out in the grant agreement
- To promote the values of the charity at all times.
- To work with fundraising staff to set a fundraising budget, inspire the team, supervise their work and brainstorm new ideas and prospects
- To network with local business leaders in order to gain company sponsorship and support - building on current support and developing new
- To make contacts with local churches of all denominations and other service groups in Moldova in order to encourage financial and volunteer support
- To make contact with government agencies such as House of Insurance (CNAM), ministries etc in order to improve government contributions to palliative care
- To establish links with the Diplomatic Community in Chisinau (British, US, Austrian, German, Dutch, Italian and others) in order to get business lists, contacts for AID agencies and other NGO’s supporting Moldova, and encourage Ambassadors to support eh charity and host an event.
- To help identify opportunities to apply for grants from European, US and other sources and assisting the Regional Development Director with applications (SOROS, EU, others)
- To encourage donors to continue to support the charity by communicating our appreciation, by keeping them informed of the work of the charity and by explaining how we use the funds to provide the best possible care and support for people living with a terminal or life limiting illness.
- To develop understanding and a shared commitment to the aims of the charity by effective communication with the general public, partner organisations, national and local politicians and the media
- To participate in the budget setting process and monitor budgets on a monthly basis
- To report financial information to the Regional Development Director and the Executive Director
- To ensure that that accurate records are kept of income and expenditure and that any anomalies are reported immediately to Executive Director
- To participate in the reporting mechanisms for grants in liaison with the Regional Development Director
- To ensure that monthly reports on progress and financial reports as required are sent to the Regional Development Director/Executive Director of Hospices of Hope
- To ensure that all activities carried out by Hospices of Hope Moldova are strictly in line with the legislation and rules laid down by the government
- To strengthen partnerships with other agencies involved in providing palliative care and/or palliative care education in Moldova
- To attend meetings of the Hospices of Hope Board in UK from time to time as requested
- To work within agreed guidelines, protocols and the charity’s policies and procedures
- Exercise discretion in the handling of confidential or sensitive financial or general charity information
Job description to be reviewed regularly with post holder
- Preferably degree educated and/or management experience at senior level (previous experience in a charity or health care organisation would be an advantage but not essential)
- PC Skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Leadership, organisational and process skills to lead a growing charity
- Ability to build long-term relationships with major donors and strategic partners.
- Ability and need to travel
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong interest and passion to see the development of palliative care in the Republic of Moldova
- Alignment with the core values of the charity (Christian-based but serving all faiths and none)
- High energy levels and vitality – able to inject life and enthusiasm into a team
- Strategic vision, leadership and motivational skills necessary to grow a charity
- Self-starter with a high work rate – ability to “get things done” in a charity environment
- Strong personal presence with the credibility to be a spokesperson for a charity
- Analytical – a clear thinker who can recognise critical issues and focus attention accordingly
- A covering letter of maximum two pages, explaining why you are suitable for and interested in this post. Please demonstrate how your skills, experience and personal qualities meet the requirements of this role and why you are interested in the work of Hospices of Hope
- Curriculum Vitae with relevant experience to this post
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 21st February 2020, 12 noon
Send us your CV by clicking the button Send CV.