Operations Manager – Travel Industry @ Premio Travel
- Premio Travel
- Tipul locului de muncă:
Descrierea poziției vacante
Operations Manager – Travel Industry
Do you like travelling a lot? Are you a proactive person with (preferably) previous experience in the travel industry? Are you able to set and manage successfully processes and workflows in the tourism area? Can you build and manage successfully a small team?
If yes, you can be the Operations Manager of Premio Travel Moldova! You will help us with building the local market strategy, managing the Moldovan office and coordinating the partnerships with local travel agencies and other key partners.
We think we will be an excellent match if you have the following skills:
- Fluent English – in order to communicate via email and phone with your colleagues abroad, often in urgent deadlines.
- Excellent computer literacy – we are not so picky here, but key MS Office tools like Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Take care of the daily office operations – manage a small team in setting up new travel destinations, arranging the programs, dealing with flight tickets and schedules, processing plenty of documents, communicating with suppliers, managing call center operators etc.
- Be very good at selling our services (flight excursions abroad) to both business partners and end customers.
- Provide plenty of added value to our customers, even when nobody is asking for it.
- Pay utmost attention to small, but important details – in other words be surprisingly well organized and careful!
- Collaborate with your teammates to ensure consistency and proper brand voice and message across different marketing channels.
- Stay up-to-date with travel industry trends and local market preferences.
- Be able to express yourself in a clear, brief and polite manner, so that (almost) everybody understands what you actually mean – without having to repeat it again.
- Do unusual things sometimes (like loading/unloading boxes with letters or stationary materials for urgent campaigns – all this without murmuring “It’s not my job!”).
- Write quickly plenty of e-mails in Moldovan and English, and communicate on a daily basis on phone or via Skype.
- Update regularly your direct supervisor/ regional manager about key business results and important news and topics to discuss.
- Comprehend what on earth some people are talking about…
- Provide timely support to other colleagues in their daily activities.
- Previous experience in the travel industry will be considered a serious advantage.
- You should be excellent in written and verbal communication, able to express yourself well, whether it’s writing a monthly report, persuading clients or prospects with strong benefits of the excursions we are offering.
- Very strong desire to learn and stay updated: travel industry is in a constant state of flux and you’ll have to keep up with news on a daily basis.
- Excellent command of English and Moldovan.
- Strong project management skills: you enjoy shifting through different tasks in order to get things done.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills: being able to slice and dice your raw data from various sources is of great importance. You should be able to process large amounts of data in a comprehensive way.
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results.
Non-mandatory skills that might help you:
- Any additional language (especially Russian) is a plus.
- Be familiar with the travel market in Moldova and abroad. Such knowledge will help you when creating marketing plans and preparing new destinations to be launched.
- Any previous direct marketing experience will be extremely useful for you in this job.
All this without getting paid a fortune – but for a very reasonable rate for the job done, plus an experience you wouldn’t get anywhere else (we are quite sure about this).
Do you find it challenging?
Our name is well known within the travel industry in Europe. We are sending hundreds of thousands of tourists each year to destinations all around the world.
We do plenty of direct and digital marketing campaigns, we have great local business partnerships and we grow fast in each new market we launch our business. We are very brave with launching new products to new and exotic destinations and we strive to provide world class service to our clients.
We have fun doing it all. And we need someone who is in for the long haul, enthusiastic and not just looking for a stepping stone, but willing to learn new stuff and apply commonsense, attention to details and curiosity in almost all aspects of the job.
If you’re interested please send your application with a CV enclosed by clicking the button Send CV, saying why you think you are the right person. We want to find someone who is good enough and able to start quickly.
Please be sure of your application before you send it, as once it's in, it's in. Applications will be kept strictly confidential, and we hope you'll share your interests and enthusiasm with us. Final deadline is October 8th at noon, Chisinau time.
If you know people who might benefit from this job, please send them a link to this page!
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted between September 9th and 11th, 2019 and they will be invited to the first interview in Chisinau.
If you don’t get a call from us during that period, you will get an e-mail, guaranteed.
No additional calls or emails, please. Thank you in advance!