One-on-One Special Education Paraprofessional @ QSI International School of Chisinau
- QSI International School of Chisinau
- Persoană de contact:
- Marina Capatina
- Număr de contact:
- Tipul locului de muncă:
- Experiența de muncă de la 1 an
Descrierea poziției vacante
QSI International School of Chisinau is looking for a qualified One-on-One Special Education Paraprofessional for every day (Mon-Fri) classes from 08:00AM until 4:15PM.
The job of One-on-One Special Education Paraprofessional is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care, and instruction of students with special needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Psychology/Pedagogy;
- Excellent teaching and communication skills;
- Experience working with foreign students;
- Strong English is a must, fluent in Romanian and Russian;
- Experience working in special education and/or with individuals with autism/severe behavioral and academic issues strongly preferred;
- Have prior work or volunteer experience with children or student with special needs (autism);
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel, email;
- At least 1 year of related experience;
- Demonstrated skill in communicating with people from diverse cultures, language backgrounds, abilities, and lifestyles;
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the academic community;
- Police background check is mandatory.
- Collaborate with the Lead Teacher in the planning and management of a non-categorical self-contained/inclusion classroom;
- Implement prescribed behavioral strategies and positive behavior support;
- Maintain safety of students and act as positive role model;
- De-escalate student and use counseling skills;
- Contribute to school community life;
- Other responsibilities as needed by school.
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter in English by clicking the button Send CV, by September 16, 2019. Early applications will be given priority.