| || |
Summary of Key Functions:
- Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures
- Support to management of the CO programme
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensures administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies on programme and projects management, contribution to adjustments of relevant Standard Operating Procedures, as well as compliance with rules and procedures of relevant donors;
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC). Support in establishment of the mechanisms to track use of RBM tools and maintenance of RBM database.
- Observation and provision of support on POPP compliance of projects and programmes at all stages
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions in the area of Local development and regional development, business development and Confidence Building
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, preparation of reports.
- Contribution to the mainstreaming of gender, innovation, greening in programmes/projects.
- Contribution to development of e-tools to be applied in the programme/project management
2. Provides effective support to management of the Inclusive Growth Cluster and CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- For projects under responsibility or acting as alternate for other Programme Associates, entry of data of new financial contributions into Atlas in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs), monitoring of AWPs status. Initiation of a project, entering project into Atlas, preparation or clearance of required budget revisions.
- Maintenance of Cluster Pipeline and Project Tree in Atlas. Track of availability of cash for projects and coordination of installments’ transfer from donors. Follow up with HQs on ASL allocations for development projects under responsibility.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies and project teams on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources and quality control.
- Provision of support for effective monitoring of performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions. Liaising with HQ/Regional Bureau and national counterparts on new areas of intervention.
- Provide support to the Cluster Lead on projects’ management and oversight.
- Generation of the Annual CDRs for projects under responsibility and submission for signature to the National Coordinators.
- Support in preparation and clearance of projects’ financial reports to donors.
- Provide support for preparation and conduct of audit of NIM/NGO projects, implementation of audit recommendations.
3. Provides administrative support to the Cluster Lead focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Providing administrative support for project formulation, launch, implementation, and closing through supporting formulation missions, organization of project appraisal, closure, and evaluation including but not limited to: concluding contracts with external consultants, arranging travel, meetings, initiating recruitment processes and coordinate other logistics.
- Performing the functions of the Manager Level 1 in ATLAS.
- Coordination of administrative processes for projects without staff, including management of contracts, payments, deliverables.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of projects Financial Reports.
- Monitoring of funds and coordination of actions needed to ensure the availability of budgets and cash limits for payments.
- Proper maintenance and timely update of document managements systems (archives) relevant to the functioning of the Inclusive Growth Cluster
4. Provides support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
- Introducing and updating projects in the Aid Management Platform
- Preparation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements, monitoring of fulfillment of contract clauses, terms and references,
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/programme/projects staff on issues related to programme management and use of ATLAS and other internal platforms and tools.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Promotion of cross-practice collaboration, exchange of information and joint programming.
| || |
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda/
Level 1.1: Support the preparation of information for advocacy
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Makes research of contacts in the media, government, private sector, donors, other agencies, civil society in other stakeholders for UNDP’s advocacy efforts
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information for linkages across programme activities to help identify critical points of integration
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Implementing processes and uses products
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Tracks bottlenecks, problems and issues, and proposes solutions
- Responds positively to new approaches
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Research and analysis
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Maintains a network of contacts in the media and civil society, for use in UNDP’s advocacy efforts
Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Prince2 training and certification, RMG
| || |
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.