Human Rights Education Coordinator
- Amnesty International Moldova
- Tipul locului de muncă:
- Experiența de muncă de la 5 ani
Descrierea poziției vacante
Role Purpose: The Human Rights Education Coordinator assumes overall responsibility for the Human Rights Education Program, continuous improvement of the program based on the existing projects and development of new ones, communication with the organization stakeholders, beneficiaries and rights holders.
Reporting Line: Executive Director
Starting Date: November 15, 2020
Contract Duration: unlimited, with the probation period of 3 months
Working Hours: full time (100 %; 40 hours per week)
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, possible international travel
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Perform current programme activities in accordance with the strategic directions of the organization;
- Develop new projects in the area of HRE
- Cooperate with all the stakeholders in the area of HRE, state actors and Amnesty International colleagues;
- Monitor the current state of affairs of the subject “Human Rights Education”;
- Moderate and maintain continuous communication with the teachers from the HRE teachers’ network;
- Organize and participate in workshops for AIM members and activists and other groups on the HR issues of AI Moldova, in cooperation with AIM Activism, Growth and Campaigns Coordinator;
- Continuously contribute to the creation and developing of Amnesty School Groups in all regions of Moldova;
- Monitor teachers’ involvement and dedication related to human rights activities;
- Lobby Amnesty International Moldova position in relation to relevant stakeholders;
- Monitor initiatives of governmental/non-governmental organizations on human rights education and propose concrete actions in conformity with Amnesty International policies and priorities;
- Perform other activities as assigned by Executive Director.
In order to succeed in this role, candidates will need to meet the following:
- University degree or professional qualification in social sciences.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in educational institutions.
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken); proficiency in other languages, particularly French and Spanish, an asset (Amnesty International Languages).
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders from different sectors, including the civil society, as well as public sector and within a variety of geographical contexts, in a diplomatic and politically sensitive manner.
- Ability to use a variety of communication channels including webinars and online conferences.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to deal effectively with multiple competing demands.
- Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV and cover letter, including 3 references (explaining suitability against the essential criteria as set out in the candidate profile) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is Saturday, October 31, 2020