Startups Tracker at Startup Moldova Program
- Tekwill VIP
- Employment type:
About Tekwill Extension Project:
Tekwill has been designed as a national public-private partnership between the Government of Moldova, USAID, Microsoft, and IBM to answer the needs of the ICT industry to close the gap of the human capital shortage, as well as support the development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem. The initial goal of the projects to contribute to the extension of the Tekwill project as a sustainable network and deploy its programs on a regional/national level. The project aims at determining the operation mode of the network, determining business plans for the relevant created centers or partners in the regions, deploy scalable activities to connect an estimated of 150,000 people to ICT (school and university students, community, etc.), deploy entrepreneurship programs aiming at both scaling up existing programs, as well as create inclusive innovation platforms for the regions with their respective specifics and potential to absorb/apply ICT. We envision a minimum 10,000 beneficiaries/year for each direction (education and entrepreneurship) As a result of the project, 2 main outcomes of the project are expected: more and better-qualified skills and workforce developed leading to a stronger ICT industry in Moldova, as well as creating the premises for a Startup Moldova program driving opportunities for companies seeking capitalization.
The first phase of the project represented a USAID grant for Development matched by both cash and in-kind contributions of private and government partners that brought significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies, and development activities, such as training, practical assignments, and mentorship. Private partners included multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, but also Information Technology and Communications Association (ATIC) members that are local Information and Communications Technology (ICT) companies, while among government partners Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, Ministry of Education, Culture and Research, e-Government Center and Technical University have provided their support. The Technical University of Moldova is hosting the first Center on its premises and has jointly invested resources for initial investment and maintenance costs during the startup phase.
Startup Moldova intents to boost economic growth in Moldova, by providing employment through innovation, increasing the use of ICT and digital, support cross-sector collaboration and retain or create new jobs that are less likely to be outsourced.
Startup Moldova ensures infrastructure and programs that are in place to support digitalization and startup mindset to create a high standard of living for all.
- offer an insight into the startup ecosystem of Moldova
- provide startups with funding opportunities
- offer support, legal and fiscal information to startups and investors
- give useful resources
- link Moldova’s Startup Ecosystem with global opportunities (startup competitions, accelerators, funding organizations, etc.
Startups Tracker supports the activities of the UPGRADE and Impact Program withing Startup Moldova, tracking and supporting startups to grow, identifying, and screening startups, matching their needs and opportunities, mentors, and investors.
The post holder works with colleagues in sectorial industries and technical roles at senior levels and has significant exposure to the external organization in key transactions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Track startup portfolio. Understand how portfolio companies are approaching the market and how to accelerate the path to success.
- Increase team collaboration. Centralized communication and insight enable teams to systematically test business model hypotheses.
- Identify and updates the list of mentors
- Boost the mentor’s engagement to collaborate and help move teams forward
- Develop lean startup skillsets. Build competence in customer, business model, and agile development.
- Assist with the market and business analysis in support of the implemented projects
- Captures and monitors the impact research insights have on Project representatives and startups, providing inputs to reports that enable with Startup Moldova team to represent its impact
Specific Roles, Responsibilities, and Functions applicable to the Startups Tracker
- Structure Moldovan startups database
- Establish communicational and tracking processes in collaboration with startups
- Provide assistance in collaboration with startups by needs and challenges
- Establish a pool of mentors and matching them with startups
- Develop a communication strategy to ensure visibility and international exposure
- Maintain a constant dialogue with startups, define new opportunities
- Report regularly to the Senior Project Coordinator, respectively if required to USAID/Sweden, where appropriate, regarding decisions to be made, activities are undertaken, and progress.
Knowledge, skills, training, and experience
- A good understanding of the Startup mindset, strong existing networks throughout the Startup Ecosystem
- Strong strategic, financial, and commercial know-how
- Superior problem-solving skills addressing multi-part problems with high levels of uncertainty
- Track-record in delivering complex multi-faceted projects that combine objectives in technology development, influencing people and commercial outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with different kinds of communities with different norms and communication styles
- Comfort with communicating with and influencing investors and other stakeholders
- Ability to define and implement business processes and tools within startups
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV to the email: email@example.com, CC firstname.lastname@example.org up to May 20, 2020
Please, indicate - Startups Tracker at Startup Moldova Program, in the subject line.