About the Job
Please note that this is a full-time position, based in Chisinau, Moldova.
Are you a dynamic and empathetic leader who is passionate about building a highly differentiated and successful product company? The IT Engineering Manager role at Mixbook represents a fantastic opportunity to manage a growing team of passionate, talented engineers. Recognized as the "Best Tech Employer" in 2019 by the Moldovan Government, Mixbook has a strong, collaborative company culture and offers a chance to make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives.
At Mixbook, our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. We are an award-winning online photo product company that leverages a powerful and fun product experience to help people create and print beautifully crafted, unique, and truly personalized photo books, cards, calendars, and wall art.
Mixbook is #1 rated in photo books with nearly 23,000 verified 5-star reviews. Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
At Mixbook, we believe photos matter, and that each photo project tells a story of life's most precious and meaningful memories. Join us in helping our customers memorialize these joyous moments forever.
- Think outside the box
- Get the most of what you have
- Attack challenges with grit and tenacity
- Treat others as you want to be treated (Golden Rule)
- Be open and authentic
- Go out of your way to show care and empathy
- Love what you do, do what you love, do it well
- Give it you all
- Always be improving
Mixbook is seeking an experienced IT Engineering Manager to lead and manage a highly-skilled team of senior IT engineers in Chișinău, Moldova. You will be responsible for driving successful product and business results through collaborative decision making, a results-driven mindset, and a deep commitment to our culture, our team, and our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Manage your team’s development in order to drive code quality, revenue, and other business KPIs
- Maintain alignment with our core values of being scrappy, caring, and committed
- Drive continuous improvement of our product through management of concurrent processes and initiatives
- Understand basic development frameworks, tools, and processes, providing suggestions for future improvements
- Have a willingness to be empathetic, a servant leader in nature, and a mindfulness to understand the team’s needs and challenges
- Report to Vice President of Engineering based in Silicon Valley
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of experience in managing an engineering team
- Senior developer experience, preferably using Ruby or Typescript
- Expertise in modern SDLC methodologies (Scrum, XP, etc.)
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Romanian and Russian languages is considered an advantage
What You’ll Enjoy
- Market-leading salary and perks
- Unlimited PTO policy and flexible schedule
- Personal budget for education and team building
- Frequent travel to the United States (subject to relaxation of travel restrictions)
- High-tech modern office in central Chișinău