QA Engineer @ Ellation
- Ellation VIP
- Employment type:
- Work experience more than 2 years
We’re a transformative entertainment company with a devoted engineering team and a knack for cutting-edge technologies. Awarded the top employer of the year in 2019, the team merges with our colleagues in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Tokyo, Paris, Berlin, and Lausanne to develop, design, engineer, and advocate content that brings our communities of passionate fans together.
About the Team:
Our Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering teams champion Ellation’s goal of delivering high-quality video and rich content to our users on multiple platforms. In addition to devising testing strategies and evaluating feature quality, our quality engineers take part in feature planning and design reviews, to contribute their ideas and to ensure testability.
- 2+ years of working experience in Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, approaches, techniques and quality assurance principles
- Experience in Video streaming services, Ads, APIs, Data Analytics would be considered an advantage
- Experience testing mobile devices would be considered an advantage
- Able to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, considering negative and edge case scenarios as well as positive scenarios
- High attention to detail and methodical approach to test preparation, execution and reporting
- Ability to understand end-user requirements
- Experience with test management tools like Test Rail
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to effectively manage own time
- Advanced knowledge of English
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
- Formal testing qualifications would be an advantage (ISEB, ISTQB)
- Creating and executing manual test cases to verify whether the software solutions meet the requirements and quality standards expected
- Identifying and reporting defects proactively
- Reviewing and contributing to the revision of acceptance criteria for accuracy, clarity, and completeness
- Configuring test environment
- Reporting testing progress to the Test Lead
- it pays - competitive salary on the local market
- to your health - health, dental and vision insurance
- let the gains begin - on-site gym, yoga & wellness classes
- I’m grubbin’ it - catered meals, snacks & beverages
- time out - accrued PTO, sick days, and flexible schedule
- know how - prepaid Udemy accounts, professional development courses & conferences
- speaking easy - English classes with natives and certified teachers
- press play - game nights, anime nights, team outings & office celebrations
- work hard, watch hard - free premium access to Crunchyroll, VRV, and WarnerMedia
- that’s not all - referral bonus, Crunchyroll Store discount & other
We’re a transformative entertainment company with Silicon Valley roots that brings media and technology innovation to Chișinău. As part of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company, Ellation operates at the intersection of technology and media to redefine the next wave of media interaction and consumption -- breaking down barriers to content experiences for passionate fans around the world. We lead with our code-first DNA to create extraordinary products for our passionate fans.
Crunchyroll is the world's most popular anime brand. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth is an entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we’ve spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth’s diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom’s NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.