PHP Developer (willing to learn Go)
- Crunchyroll VIP
- Employment type:
- Work experience more than 3 years
Crunchyroll is the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences. We’re an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands and companies.
Our headquarters is located in downtown Chisinau, Moldova, where our group of multi-functional specialists assembles to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV’s passionate communities.
About the Team
The Social and Community Services team is in charge of several services that improve user engagement with the platform. We handle the development and maintenance of PHP and Go microservices as well as web tools to run those services. We have a small team of experienced people, open to new technologies.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer
- Proficient with PHP
- Symfony 4+ is a huge plus
- Willing to learn Go in real applications
- Passionate about code quality, experience with Unit/Integration/Functional testing
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience with Continuous Integration services
- Knowledge of Docker Compose
- Deep understanding of the development lifecycle
- Good interpersonal skills and a great teammate
- Proficient English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
A day in the life of our Software Engineer:
- Implement business requirements
- Write unit and functional tests
- Review peers
- Improve development toolchain
- Research and generate new perspectives
- Plan, analyze, and optimize to help our team growing
- Support and improve internal processes
- Collaborate with other teams within the company
- Work on large scale project using groundbreaking technologies and architectures
Benefits and Perks:
- Stay healthy - private health, dental and vision insurance
- Take time for you - accrued PTO, sick days, social PTO, and flexible schedule
- Refuel - catered meals, snacks & beverages
- Find balance - on-site gym, yoga & wellness classes, Employee assistance program
- Work hard, watch hard - free premium access to Crunchyroll & Warner Brothers Digital Library
- Level up - prepaid Udemy accounts, English classes, professional development courses & conferences
- Press play - game nights, anime nights, team outings & office celebrations
- That's not all - referral bonus, Crunchyroll Store discount & other
Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company (as a subsidiary of Otter Media) and the world’s most popular anime brand, connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Berlin (AV Visionen) and Chisinau. VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.